Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Clean Oil? Isn't that like honest politicians?

In the new Fast Company magazine their is a cover spread on the ten major oil companies, focusing on their environmental impact. Essentially the article wants to uncover the global footprint for investors or consumers that are environmentally conscious. With help from HIP Investor Inc. and the Social Venture Technology Group, Fast Company 'graded' the world's 10 largest integrated oil companies on three main criteria: Mngt Practices, Human Impact and Total Shareholder Return.

While today's lecture focused on non-petroleum fuel sources, the truth is most of us have no other options. As a consumer of more oil than I'd like, I found this an interesting read. In the past I made my purchasing decisions based exclusively on the price and while supporting a 'clean oil company' probably won't make any difference, at least I won't feel as bad when it costs $45 to fill up my sedan...

Here's a link to the full article.



No comments: