Monday, January 28, 2008

Sustainable Education

This is similar to the sustainable business post…

The recent surge in popularity of sustainability may lead you to ask, “Where can I study sustainable engineering and technology?” While many universities are conducting research related to sustainability, there is only one Sustainable Engineering degree plan in the world that I have heard of. The Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden offers Sustainable Engineering and Sustainable Technology Master’s programs. If I had the means, I would definitely be in Stockholm next fall. But luckily the Center for Sustainable Energy
is pushing for sustainable engineering education in the US. This is very encouraging. I hope that we can educate a generation of engineers that focus specifically on sustainability.

1 comment:

Aziz Hussaini said...

Currently the UT School of Architecture has a M.S.S.D program, one of the few in this country.