Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Kingdom....

As I watched The Kingdom, it didn't completely strike me as a movie based on energy. The beginning, which can be seen in the trailer, is one of the few times when energy is mentioned clearly. Now any slightly informed person could probably infer that energy, mainly oil, is behind much of the fighting. I think the movie did however do a good job of connecting religion to oil and essentially wealth. It was also interesting to see how the movie portrayed the interaction and attitudes of the Americans toward the native Saudis and vice versa. Unfortunately I haven't seen many other movies about energy, so my frame of reference may slightly change my opinion of what an energy movie should be. As someone stated in the title of their blog, energy is definitely not the plot of the movie but more so the back drop.

No comments: