When choosing your Democratic nominee look much further than energy and environment because you will find their stances in this area are almost word for word, number for number, year for year. The following are the majority of the highlights from both Obama and Clinton's campaigns:
- A cap and trade of carbon emissions with the 100% to be auctioned.
- A $150 billion 10-year investment in clean energy
- Doubling of the federal investment on basic energy research
- A Renewable Portfolio Standard of 25% renewable energy by 2025
- 60 billion gallons of homegrown biofuels by 2030
- All federal buildings to be carbon neutral by 2030
John McCain on the other hand leaves his stance on energy and environment a mystery (at least according to his website.) Environment is the second to last issue noted (Energy is not a choice) right before "Protecting the Second Amendment." Fortunately in his section within Environment, ' Stewards of Our Nation's Rich Natural Heritage," McCain runs a video informing us that global warming is real and we import our oil from unstable countries.
The campaign websites are www.barackobama.com, www.hillaryclinton.com, and www.johnmccain.com.