Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why Americans Should Vote

I just had dinner with a friend who was recently in New Zealand. As she rode a bus through the islands, the bus driver asked if she was excited about the upcoming elections and was going to cast her vote. My friend is an avid Democrat, and their conversation was involved and lengthy. For the purposes of this blog, I will just state the conclusion of their conversation, in the words of the bus driver:

"The American President affects my way of life all the way down here in New Zealand. Decisions made in the White House change my world all the time. I think you American kids must choose someone who can make sensible decisions. You must vote."

I am sure that many of you have similar stories to tell. I hope you encouraged your friends to vote in the primaries and later this year, and that you will not fail to cast your vote as well.

No comments: