Sunday, March 9, 2008

Do better campaigns!

It was a night of much suspense waiting for the final outcome of who won each of the states where elections were held. Even so, while I was watching the news, showed the amount of money spent by candidates, Obama and Hilary, to enhance the promotion and strengthening its political campaign.

More than $10 millions dollars is a lot of money! And if we consider the other expenses they incur, this number will increase even more than 300%. At the end of the day there is going to be only one winner, and all the money invested has to be consider as a lost. Is there any law or bill that control this?

Anyway, this is the first time that I can follow USA elections by firsthand, and for me it has been very interesting. I noticed how politicians see Hispanics as a driver or important piece to win. I found this video on YouTube on how Latinos support Obama and it is very representative how mexicans thik about this candidate.

For me, Obama is the best options because he represents he change. In my opinion he has been able to convey confidence and the bases for a safe environment for migrants, and put on the table solutions instead of a big wall on the border wich only increase the separations of the nations.

No comments: