Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Their Earth to Inherit

Though I have no children of my own, I am involved with them in many different aspects of my life. So when I read this article with a final sentence that read "It's their earth to inherit" it really hit home with me. Even though I'm only 15 years older than elementary school children I somehow feel that the problems with our environment won't effect me in my lifetime. Kids these days do not feel that way.
This article is only one of many, I am sure, that discusses how kids are getting involved in the green movement. They are even being called generation green. I think it is great because these kids have a huge influence on their parents. What dad is going to throw his coke can in the trash when his children have set up recycling bins in his house? This school the article talks about even has a conservation club set up. The club is in charge of the recycling program at their school. I think the generation coming up through primary schools right now has the ability to do what everyone has been talking about doing. These kids will be the ones to inherit this earth.

No comments: