- Built on sand filters to prevent dirty stadium water and fan waste from polluting the Anacostia river
- Saves 21% on field lighting (majority of games are playing at night)
- Water conserving plumbing, dual flush toilets
- Air-cooled chillers (to save water)
- 20 % of materials in construction are recycled materials
- Metro stop built into stadium, bicycle racks
- Unlike LivingHomes, the stadium is built for the masses
Now if only something could be done with the millions of miles traveled by plane by each team each year. Teams typically travel twice a week for a 3 game series. I wrote a blog weeks ago about how NHL players buy carbon offsets to offset their carbon footprint from travel.