Sunday, February 24, 2008

Texas State History Museum

We took a field trip to Bob Bullock when I was a senior in high school. I remember being very impressed by what I saw back then. So maybe the difference now is that I have four more years of education under my belt, and I went and looked at one specific exhibit this time rather than the whole museum, but I can't help but feel that the oil exhibit is not up to par with the rest of the museum. Normally I would have been bugged that I had to go all the way down there just for a mediocre exhibit, but luckily I was going to the U2 3D Imax so I wasn't too disappointed.
I agree with what most other posts have talked about, but one small thing that caught my eye was the sign talking about the baseball teams oil companies formed. It was interesting because the league was so competitive that companies would go to college and semi-pro players to recruit them to come work for them. It seems like we still have the same kind of cometitiveness in Texas sports.

No comments: