Sunday, February 3, 2008

Decisions

Enjoying the public transportation available to me for my trips to and from the area around campus, I've wondered why public transportation has not caught on more in the US. Another student mentioned in a blog that really, we are not too much to blame for our gasoline use as we don't have much of an alternative for transportation to and from work. I found some interesting information online about how legislation affected public transportation in the US and from there made us oil dependent. I also have to wonder how the decisions made by our government today will affect us in the future in ways we now can not know. For instance, concentrating our resources on funding for corn based ethanol.

I hope we and our government will wake up and realize that what we do now have far reaching affects on our future.

This is a link to public transporation in the US http://www.answers.com/topic/public-transport

No comments: