Sunday, February 10, 2008

Prominent Policy Advisor in UK Finds a Great Number of Critical Errors in "An Inconvenient Truth"

I grew up in the with my hands covered in mud and swinging in tree branches. I spent a great deal of time on my grandfather's small family tobacco farm and learned from an early age that one of our greatest responsibilities was the proper stewardship of our planet.

The past ten generations of my family have lived off the land, farming and caring for it. I was a boyscout once and long ago developed a great love for the outdoors. As much as I, a nature lover, can be frustrated my man's interactions with nature, I never really felt warm and fuzzy about Al Gore's movie. Something about the simplified language and all the pretty graphs seemed too rhetorically well prepared, too over simplified.

I have no doubts about the reality of man impacting the environment, but I suggest taking a look at the article I have linked into the title. It lists 35 flaws it finds with Al Gore's presentation. There are no small errors listed and the source is well referenced.

No comments: